Thursday, December 1, 2011

E-mail scams can be interesting

I often receive those e-mails where complete strangers for some reason have huge quantities of cash they want to give me.    Most of them are rather lame but this one caught my attention.   I've also included my unsent reply.

User (ml82.128.2.21.multilinks.com [82.128.2.21] wrote:

Dear,
I just got an information that you are dead. But i don't know how truth this is but you have to get back to me urgently if you are alive before your funds will be transfer to a wrong person.

Call me on my direct telephone number, 234-8080804988, if you are really alive otherwise you will miss this golden opportunity.

Rev, Justin Dasilver.

Hi Justin,

Thanks for your e-mail.  As it happens I did die.  I apologize for not getting back to you sooner but I never received your message until now.  You'll never believe how long it takes to get Internet here.

Wow, look at your message...check it out how my name no longer appears after  "Dear ,"  - that's freaky!

Hopefully, this e-mail will suffice because even though I still have my cell phone, the battery is still good but I've only got one bar.   I can't call out.  I don't know if it's my location or what - the cell service sucks here.  Maybe the carrier doesn't have a roaming agreement or something,  I don't know  :(

Did you just happen upon a winfall yourself Justin?  Justin Dasilver?  get it?  Justin Da Silver eh? no?    

Anyway, to the matter at hand...how much money are we talking about?   Will you be able to wire it to me?     I would first like to check the currency that they use here and determine what the conversion rate is - It might not be worth the bother.

On the other hand I could turn a tidy profit and I'd be more than willing to  share this with you 50-50 if you'd join me here.

See you soon.

Regards,

No comments:

Post a Comment